Today in the Renaissance Explorers Co-op Campaign Proposal call I raised the question how to navigate within the field of doing something very fast on the one hand and taking more time to prepare the fundament on the other hand. @apostol rightly stated that I have to take responsibility for my needs and “solve my own problems”.
This is why I start this new topic.
For me there is no right or wrong respectively no one-fits-all solution for this.
Fail fast is definitely helpful. Also letting the energy finding it’s way is wise.
On the other hand I have seen many times how important a good fundament is to successfully build something.
Sometimes speed is very important. Sometimes it is also okay to be a bit slower.
For me the speed within SEEDS is sometimes just to fast. This is my problem and I need to take responsibility for it.
I use the image of a fish and the monkey who get an exercise. To be “fair” they both get the same exercise which is: Climb a tree. The faster one will win.
What I want to say with this is that people have different rhythms and speed and some may not be able to adapt.
How to integrate fishes like me if it comes to climb a tree?
- Change the environment
- carry me in a glas bowl with water
- change the exercise
- sometimes there might be no need to integrate as fishes just don’t need to climb trees
- there might also be many other solutions I am currently not aware of
My proposal for a solution that would fit my needs (as a fish)
- let me know if my involvement and my personal piece of wisdom is needed in a proposal. If not: no problem. Then I can focus on other things. As stated: Fishes don’t need to climb trees
- If you feel I can add value respect that I am a person who feels that a fundament is important. SEEDS is working a lot with the moon cycle an this suits me personally very well. Within one moon cycle I am able to give feedback, reorganize my agenda, write parts of documents etc.
- I personnel need minimum 72 hours to do something efficiently and with good quality if its related with putting something on paper. And I need to be aware that there is a task that is waiting for me (which is perfectly solved with the @ renaissance explorer or with addressing me directly). If I am not able to deliver I will then raise my voice.
The question that was raised in the call mentioned above was: how can we make sure not to loose people because of the speed we are working with?
I do not have an answer to this. And as rightly stated it’s my own responsibility. I can only start with addressing my needs with knowing that often it is not possible to meet all needs.
In my view time is also something that needs an attitude of abundance. Whenever possible it would be helpful for me if we give ourselves more time.
Perfectly would be a moon circle. Helpful for me would be if before setting dates one asks the question: Is it really needed to be handled in less then 72 hours?
Having said this I fully respect that sometimes one can’t wait until the fish learns climbing trees.