Purpose: Architect a proposal for a new process of allocating milestone funds to various organisations that contribute to SEEDS Ecosystem
Goal: Design the proposal, share it with the ecosystem and add it on the Co-op by next new moon (Sept 6)
Context of this process
Every SEEDS citizen can create a governance proposal and add it to the Co-op for the voting process.
- What we experienced so far is that the process to propose changes to the ecosystem has been pretty much centralised within Hypha, due to knowledge concentration of how SEEDS works.
→ Renaissance Explorers’ purpose is to decentralise the implicit authority held by Hypha, encourage and support initiatives of evolving the ecosystem through governance proposals.
Previous attempts of working groups being created without a clear purpose and structure ended up in a lot of energy being invested without particular results at the end of the process. These groups acted more like sense making groups.
This Exploration Group is creating a proposal to move the ecosystem further at the tipping point of the Hypha milestone being reconsidered as SEEDS milestone and also for creating a pathway for citizens (ideally Renaissance Explorers) to organise themselves and explore ways of evolving the ecosystem, in a structured and time efficient manner.
The process for how this group is working together was proposed by Ravi from his experience of facilitating efficient ways of self organising in groups, with the aim of minimising consensus based on the following principles:
Work in a way that offers people autonomy
Break the myth that collaborating is doing everything together and decisions are taken by everyone
Work in a way where we are able to hold different perspectives while doing stuff
Trust that people will do their work
Do work async and have less meetings
Bring collective intelligence though diversity of ideas, not by trying to force homogeneity
Create structures that respond to change in a more adaptive way
This group was initiated by Irina after investing a lot of energy in the conversations that happened around milestones and building up frustration for not seeing clear results. Irina invited Ana and Mark in this group as contributors and Ravi as a facilitator.
Apart from the interest in understanding and navigating the complexity of the SEEDS Ecosystem shared by Ana, Irina and Mark, each are key players of one of the 3 major organisations in the ecosystem, Hypha, RE and Samara.
Irina - Architect
Ana - Architect
Mark - Architect
Ravi - Process Facilitator
- Design and facilitate the process for serving the purpose and reaching the goal of this group - Ravi
- Create an Exploration Group in RE for this process - Ana
- Create Contributing areas and invite feedback on existing Contributing areas - Irina
- Propose contributors to each Contributing area and deadline, invite feedback - Irina
- Do the work async, each Contributor on his area - All
- Invite feedback from group (schedule a meeting if challenges with async) - All
- Implement feedback (as per Contributors choice) - All
- Edit and review the proposal - Irina
- Share the proposal with SEEDS Ecosystem - Ana
- Add proposal on Co-op - Irina