On Becoming Invaluable

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback, Max.

My initial space of tension came from a disconnect between the conversations that took place in each call I’ve attended and the (what feels like for me anyway) burning need to be able to cater for corporates. What I’m realising is that this is still a very small focus and that a small group of us should come together to make it a bigger focus. That effort is kicking of very soon, so there is nothing more for SEEDS to do.

1 Like

Yip, although she was not in any way trying to put us on the spot (she was very supportive) I still felt very uncomfortable about how far we have to progress to even come close to being appealing to her interests.

@mbh66 when do you feel you are at a point with the pre work you are doing (the article you mention and the calls you are currently doing) where we can kick of this group and start working? I am on holidays and traveling so I am not the best person to coordinate this within the next two weeks. I can offer to set up a call in the last week of Juli or beginning of August. If it needs to be earlier just suggest a date, time and link and if I am able to join I‘ll be there or I will listen to the recording. I can hold the space for this from August onwards if you are interested in bringing your content and wisdom into the space. I feel a weekly call starting with a small group that designs and implements/ tests a blueprint respectively a MPV could be a helpful next step.

Or do you have another way to go in mind?
My feeling is the date we are working to should be COP26 https://ukcop26.org/

My hypothesis is:
If we are able to create a real value based, regenerative gate (aka DHO) that stewards the current available money flow for climate related projects in a wise way we into SEEDS we have been able to set an important signal for a regenerative economy.

My second hypothesis is:
Within SEEDS we have already all the tools and the people to create and implement a blueprint/prototype.

I have the energy, courage and the curiosity to test these assumptions.

1 Like

Great question, Melanie.
I’m experiencing high levels of frustration with myself because I’ve not yet finished Section 1 of my book. It’s about 30 pages and this section lays the important historical context for the discussions we’re having here. I sense this is a crucial framework within which to consider COP26 (a very, very key date) and what happens next. That’s because these events need to be considered within the context of the rise and fall of civilisations.

I hope to have this finished by the end of this week. If we allow ourselves a week to read and possibly discuss this context, that aligns nicely with the timing you have suggested for calls i.e. late July/early August.

In the meantime, I attach here a document which is very valuable background, because it examines the patterns between collapsing civilisations. There are many such books, but this one does it very well in just 25 pages. I have highlighted the sections of interest to us: Fate of Empires by John Glubb.

Hope this helps in the meantime, and thanks for the prompt! :pray: :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks @mbh66

I fully agree. History can tell us a lot. And…
…for me there seems to be something different this time. Or maybe it was always there and we do not read much about it.

What seems to be different is

• All tools for a soft transformation are there
  • We are much better connected than ever before and also willing and open to share our wisdom
  • There are more people who care about the whole. One could also describe it with: there are more conscious people
  • we better understand the circle of life - which in my view includes also corporates and structures of countries (nations), meaning everything needs to transform at some point in time. Some still fight agains this universal law, and still there are many people who have understood this. This why a soft transformation is still possible.

Thanks for the document I will read it to better understand where you come from and for preparing to read your book.

As soon as you are ready let‘s plan the next steps

2 Likes

@mbh66 : could you do me a favour and name the areas? Just bullet points are enough. I can have som additional thoughts on how to solve the tensions and build the bridge to their way of thinking

Spot on! There are two things that I believe make things very, very different this time:

• Each of the previous civilisations (32 so far) have left something behind, upon which the next civilisations built their foundations. If you consider each civilisation as 1 year of human life, that ‘human’ is now 32 years old. Most people would consider 32 years old as being an adult. In other words, our species is turning 32 years old in ‘civilisation’ years (like dog years, but much longer).
  • Elisabet Sahtouris is a brilliant thinker when it comes to the evolution of species. I had the great privilege of getting to know over 4 years, including a week sharing a house with her in San Francisco in 2018. I learnt a lot from her. She has a great TEDx talk which explains that immature species compete and mature species collaborate. The emerging civilisation is now mature enough to build their foundation on collaboration.

Here’s her talk:

You can find my favourite pieces of her work in a Roam Research Collection.

Unfortunately not, because it’s more about the language used than a bullet point list. The language we use in SEEDS is ‘spiritual,’ which I love. Unfortunately that doesn’t gel with corporates. They immediately jump to the conclusion that we’re a bunch of do-good hippies. First impressions matter, so if we are to do a SEEDS Corporate, we will have to carefully rethink the language used.

I know that doesn’t answer your question, but I hope it helps.

1 Like

It does - I feel I know what you mean. I have trained myself for years now to bridge the languages because I am not willing to give up words like “Mystic” “mindful” and also the word “spiritual” as such. They corporates also need to learn that there is something “magic” out there.

My experience is that longer sentences and a lot of images help. And I also learned that it helps to address this tension and give some definition to the words I do not want to hide anymore.

2 Likes

I agree with this about the use of ‘spiritual’ language. I have to say I am a bit over this whole sort of vocabulary, having been immersed in it for many years now, and finding it rather vacuous at times. Plus I have been very disappointed with the whole QAnon-Conspirituality thing which a lot of apparent ‘spiritual’ people appear to have gravitated towards, taking their new-agey language with them. See this article for more details on that.

However I also mostly dislike corporate-speak, so that doesn’t leave me too many options I suppose in this context. I think a new way of expressing ourselves in the Regenaissance needs to take shape, but we are still stuck in old paradigms verbally. Every time I write I try to feel into new ways of expression so I suppose I will continue to try to do that at least.

Maybe it is good to have a separate DHO presenting a more corporate-friendly face of SEEDS though. If that’s what it takes to get the currency widely accepted then it’s a small price to pay I think.

Love the conversation around language to be used. So so important because I feel there is more to it than just corporate-lingo or spiritual language. For me these are two entry points to a fast spectrum of vocabulary and emotions; all dependant on the value proposition SEEDS brings to a particular company and where they are located/rooted historically.

Also remembering Emily who provided her services to Samara who mentioned that she also enjoys booking by more corporates now.

But I also trust your observation and experience here @mbh66.

I guess all I am trying to say is that if we have a chance to transition to a more conscious corporate-speak, then THIS IS IT. :woman_juggling:t4:

1 Like

Yes, and of course all corporates are not the same. A friend of mine does ‘energy balancing work’ for a company so large you would be very surprised if I were able to reveal who it is (he asked me not to). But it’s not a Silicon Valley company or anyone you might suspect.

1 Like

A good point you bring up here Guy and I think it was @mbh66 who said in one of the gatherings. In the end we are talking to other humans and not just a corporate. :call_me_hand:

1 Like