I wanted to close the loop here after our first sensing call which I very rudely hijacked. See my explanation and apology here.
After some observation and meditation over the week, I can see three different (sensing) streams emerging.
within the SEEDS ecosystem
Apply the prosocial framework to harmonise value and work flow between DHO’s/circles.
- Shared identity and purpose
- Equitable distribution of contributions and benefits
- Fair and inclusive decision-making
- Monitoring of agreed behaviours
- Graduated responding to helpful and unhelpful behaviours
- Fast and fair conflict resolution
- Authority to self-govern (according to principles 1-6)
- Collaborative relations with other groups (using principles 1-7)
The Design Principles for Effective Groups of the framework are based on Elinor Ostrom’s 8 principle for managing a commons.
I could imagine that after Milestone 3 conversations (or maybe even as part of these conversations) a prosocial workshop might be helpful. And it might also bring life into both of your beautiful drawings @joaoestellita and @MaxVBohn.
Onboarding new SEEDizens/DHO’s/circles
Also include the prosocial framework; maybe as a webinar or other activities.
Research Project (?): Community building as an essential part of Social Capital (at least) when we look at our multiple capitals and value flows:
How does this resonate with you all?