Discovery Mission: Value Streams weaving into Badges

Oddly, what if it’s as simple as ‘follow the money’ only it’s ‘follow the seeds’… by how they grow to create a cultural garden. I always try to look at the Seeds economy in terms of the opposite game. There is no way to map this in terms of how we define value streams presently or arguably, any time in the past. Why? Because this is a living, thriving ecosystem we are building. What measures a thriving ecosystem? Diversity, diversity, diversity. So a growing Seeds economy anywhere will look different and yet hold one thing in common… a succession towards greater and greater diversity and complexity… known only by enhanced color, scent and flavor. We will know we succeed by the terroir of the community. So, storytelling in a way that both captures this complexity and helps us step into practice through sheer seduction. We measure with a compass, the stars and a pencil… because we are literally drawing the map. But I say no lines;) only circles and dots…and transparent layers. hehe.

2 Likes

Oh I love this approach to measurement, Tina! If we settle with lines for one reason or another I would like to suggest that we go with song lines (borrowed from the wonderful Tyson Yunkaporta; yes I have a wisdom crush :rofl::revolving_hearts:) - not sure how they fit in yet but I am hopeful it will emerge :dizzy:

2 Likes

Thanks @MaxVBohn so I will put some energy and thoughts in this and will start to create a resonance field for this in August when I am back from holidays and see if others are also interested.

Regarding time:

What I wanted to say and what is in my view not much different from what you say about time: Time is what we can „invest“ everyday in very different thing from working to spending time with others to doing nothing and many other things. I would be wise to spend our time on regenerative activities. That’s why I feel that time has a key role.

1 Like

@LaLaGardens So true - thank you Tina for this image and words. Directly the codex came up while reading.
The part of the codex that cannot really be but in words but we can offer the tools to navigate: seeds, soil, compass, stars, pencil, rhythms, songs…

1 Like

I love this new way of creating lines. It’s a mapping in just the flavor of complexity I sense. And we navigate music this way intuitively…

2 Likes

Lo and behold! “Intuitive navigation of complexity” as we do with music. Bravo!.. we better do.

But let’s not forget how music can be decomposed, deconstructed, disintegrated into mathematical visibility, through the observation of the miraculous gossamer patterns within its golden ratio harmonies, the rhythmic geometry splendors, then the resonances with orbital times, distances, luni-solar synergies… and all the way back to the starry energy fields.

Once we have TRUE complexity, dense enough that we go beyond the event horizon of the syntactic black hole and past the point of Maximum Symbolic Density, we will be able to extrapolate the same numerical, geometric and astronomical patterns that we can observe in music. Therein lies a mystery and a key to the completion of the big jigsaw. That is the reason for the Quadrivium, that’s why our foremothers taught those four disciplines - maths, geometry, astronomy and harmonic science - as an integrated whole, so that we can see the complete picture.

2 Likes

Hello my dear fellow explorers :sparkles:

As promised I did some thought weaving to identify overlapping spheres of this discovery mission and omni ventures. :rocket:

I have written down my weaving in this google doc (5 pages): 🚀 Omni Ventures and the Value Flow Discovery Mission - Google Docs

Please take these words as nothing more than merely my viewpoints (based on the limited knowledge I have today). I bring these to the space to be unpacked and co-explored if it calls you. :green_heart:
@twakefield14 @Melanie @LaLaGardens @mbh66 @MaxVBohn @IndraWouivre @anahealingwords @Fabi @joaoestellita

2 Likes

Thanks @Kath.PlanetHive
This documents and all your impulses are really helpful.

In my view it needs all - the local, the regional and the global ideas and initiatives and also the respective people working on this with full energy and focus.

My current observation is that - and I speak for myself - energy, time and work currently goes to all levels and I am not really able to go very deep into one topic and really design something that can be tested.

Which all leads me to a question that is alive for me. Are global networks like Earth Regenerators and PlanetHive DHOs or rather on the same level as bioregions and a so-called DAC (DCO)? :thinking:

What I would at to your wonderful document is the following proposal:

The current missing link in my view is the regional structure that weaves all together - the bridge between the global and local perspective, the steward of the regenerative flows.

The second important step is to have real success stories so others want to follow us.

Let‘s develop something - perhaps like a hive - where all the parts come beautifully together and everyone works on what he/she can best. This would mean we need people who are dedicated to be the bridge and others who fully focus on their field.

My learning from the last 30 years in the field of banking: we are lacking those people who truly feel responsible for creating regenerative flows (currently money, but there is much more…) and leave it to the projects to find the resources. This does not seem to be the best way.

Fazit

• I will start with drafting ideas related to a D… (whatever is the right 3 letter structure) which could take over the responsibility of regenerative in and outflows. I heard that there are ideas about a SEEDS Bank (Thinking of a renaissance I would not call it bank) that could be weaved together with my ideas
  • I‘d like to support the work on a regional structure maybe to create a blueprint for this bridge building role
1 Like

The outlook you’ve added is beautiful @Melanie :seedling::raised_hands:

The current missing link in my view is the regional structure that weaves all together - the bridge between the global and local perspective, the steward of the regenerative flows.

I would like to learn more about this missing link. I feel these are emerging in networks like Earth Regenerator (ER).

The second important step is to have real success stories so others want to follow us.

Yes, I agree. Here is an excerpt from a conversation with a community weaver over on ER when he shared his journey in the community food justice space in the context of value and multiple capital.

I’d say it had a lot to do with having a network of people who were mostly working in the soil with lots of skill sets. We had friends who owned nurseries, friends who had pig farms, friends who had permaculture farms, friends with veggie farms, friends with big properties with streams and forests, friends who were healers and community builders. There was a moment once that I looked around at a potluck and I could feel the wealth of the group, but I don’t think many of us had much monetary wealth.

I believe similar experiences are in abundance within SEEDS, ER and other networks. It is a challenge though to tell them in a meaningful way that is easy to adapt for others. One thought I had is for us community weavers to ‘journey out loud’. How this could look like? I don’t know. :woman_shrugging:

It probably could be even a service(s) provided - content editing (video/blog post/podcast), social media 101, etc.

• I will start with drafting ideas related to a D… (whatever is the right 3 letter structure) which could take over the responsibility of regenerative in and outflows. I heard that there are ideas about a SEEDS Bank (Thinking of a renaissance I would not call it bank) that could be weaved together with my ideas
  • I‘d like to support the work on a regional structure maybe to create a blueprint for this bridge building role

Yes, yes, yes! I am so looking forward to your ideas :rainbow: (I agree re the word bank :upside_down_face:) And don’t think to much about the confusing 3 letter structures. What it wants to be will emerge along the way. :green_heart:

1 Like

This word cloud of our gratitude memos shared during round 1 called for me this morning. :green_heart:

I wanted to see which multiple capitals might surface from SEEDizen to SEEDizen (nano level). I see inspiring = Inspirational capital
information = knowledge capital
kindness = social capital
tribe = social capital
German passion :rofl:
Earth = natural capital

What do you see?

7 Likes

I will take the conversation from the Exploration Group around 1.3.2. Community Building Score here

I think just starting it and not over thinking it is a good pathway :))
I can almost see a circular, yet spirally Capital Compass evolve with the unknown in the center surrounded by our 3 main person identities: Body-Capital, Heart-Capital and Mind-Capital.
Which play into the perception of the outer Capital like Natural Capital, Social Capital, Knowledge Capital etc.
I will make a little image of that.

1 Like

Oh wonderful! Thank you @MaxVBohn, yes I can see the circular spirally capital compass :compass: :cyclone::dancer:t4:

I cannot wait to see the image you’ll make. I feel this is a key piece of the map. :sparkles:

I hear a strong call for a 2x2 conversation series to explore the flow of our multiple capitals. If you don’t mind I would love to base our yarning on the image that came to you. :pray:

Could this thread be weaved in with Community Building Score or is this a topic on its own that can benefit form a different Exploration Group?

Yes @DaYa! :+1: That’s what @MaxVBohn did two comments up. I feel the thread about value streams and multiple capital is overlapping with several topics and exploration groups.

In order to sense into it, I was suggesting a 2x2 conversation series on multiple capital and value flow. What do you think?

I cross linked this thread with the CBS topic as well.

I think there are two pathways here.

1. Talking about how we can make the GG better as it is now on this topic related to contribution score. Maybe even integrate some SEEDS badges.

2. Sensing into Value Flows, Capitals, …

1 Like

Great! I can see both pathways. :dancer:t4:

Sorry for only answering now.
I still couldn’t create the drawing but I would be up for the call!

I quickly used another thing I made to give a sense of what I hold:

4 Likes

I totally love this wheel @Kath.PlanetHive !

I listened the prosocial podcast and I would probably need some guidance in becoming more prosocial. :sweat_smile:

I do am a bit familiar with the work of Eleonor Ostrom. Always good to have that integrated somehow.

1 Like

My dear @MaxVBohn this wheel is amazing. What a beautiful, beautiful contribution. It helps me to see immediately the capitals where I am doing good and where I could do better. If you don’t mind, I would love for you to talk me and others through it. :revolving_hearts:

Yay, @DaYa I am glad you are intrigued to learn more about prosocial. I will be talking to Keala (prosocial facilitator) my Friday morning (your Thursday) for a first sensing into a session for RE. I asked him if he would mind if you could join, if your time permits. I’ll keep you posted once I know more. I just found this write up from Joe on the 8 principles from a couple of months back when we started our Learning Journey into Regenerative Finance. Design Principles for Effective Groups - Google Docs

I see those principles as a guidance to help us to engage in conversations about our wishes, gifts and expectations. I also would love to learn more about your experience with the wonderful work of Eleonor Ostrom. :sparkles::purple_heart:

I learned something about social capital while reading this article ‘Happiness scholar’ offers lessons in healing rifts – Harvard Gazette

They don’t want bonding social capital — they want bridging social capital.
Bonding social capital emphasizes who I am and who you’re not. Bridging social capital is where we find our common story across differences, as sisters and brothers.

It makes so much sense IMO and aligns beautifully with being a bridge builder and/or a community weaver. :rainbow: